Is a GSA Schedule Contract Necessary for Federal Contracting?
GSA Schedule Contract is a MAS (Multiple Award Schedule) Contract, which is administered by GSA (General Services Administration). It is a widely used government contract vehicle. In the fiscal year 2012, state, local and federal government spent more than thirty-seven billion dollars through GSA Schedule Contracts. The GSA Schedule Contract is also popular as GSA Contract or Federal Supply Schedule.
HOW DOES IT HELPS TO DO BUSINESS WITH THE GOVERNMENT?
A GSA Schedule is a widely used contract vehicle in federal government marketplace. With a GSA Schedule contract, you will be allowed to close the deal in a short period and compete only with the GSA schedule contract holders. So, if you run a small business and want to win government contracts, you can do so by identifying bid opportunities as well as submitting successful proposals. All you need to do is write an extensive proposal, compete with the other vendors and wait for months or even longer to win the award.
QUALIFICATIONS TO GET A GSA SCHEDULE CONTRACT
GSA is always in look out for a firm that has the following skills and qualifications
- at least 2 years of experience in business,
- client references
- past experience with services/products your firm provides
- financial resources for performing the task
- ability to set-up and maintain pricing practices
HOW TO ACQUIRE A GSA CONTRACT—10 STEPS TO FOLLOW
Getting a GSA Contract is a costly affair. It takes about 3-12 months depending on several factors including the quality of the proposal submitted by your company and the volume of offers acquired at the acquisition center. Here are 10 steps, which you need to follow for getting a GSA Contract:
1) Evaluate the viability of your firm securing a GSA contract
2) Find the Federal Supply Schedule, which covers the services or products you offer
3) Get a GSA Solicitation copy
4) Formulate a technical, pricing and administrative proposal in accordance with the Solicitation option
5) Submit the offer electronically to GSA using eOffer
6) Elucidate the documents with a GSA consultant
7) Discuss and find out the best offer with the GSA consultant
8) After your contract is awarded get the FSS Pricelist uploaded to GSA Advantage and eLibrary
9) Use GSA eBuy for identifying and responding to RFQ’s
10) Act in accordance with the reporting, administrative, pricing and marketing requirements
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU ACQUIRE A GSA CONTRACT?
Advance GSA specializes on GSA contracts. We provide pre-qualification assessment, customized consultations, assistance with preparing the proposal & doing modifications, and can help you in your contract renewal process.
So, what are you waiting for? Consult our GSA specialist today and take the first step towards federal contract!