8(a) Certification Best Value
Call for a Free Consultation 703-688-3546
Our Full-Service 8(a) certification services is best overall method of obtaining your SBA 8(a) Business Development certification. The biggest advantage is the amount of time it takes for a non-consultant to complete their first and generally their only 8(a) application, which is generally in the neighborhood of approximately 200 hours. Using our services this client workload is cut to approximately 12–-16 hours. This is still a time investment on our client’s behalf, however, considering that of all 8(a) applications submitted to the SBA, only approximately 30% make it past the SBA’s “review for completeness phase”. For many people without a strong background in completing government documents, it may be the only way for the firm to successfully obtain 8(a) certification.
What's included in our Full-Service Package:
1. Initial Strategy Session – A skilled partner with our firm will have a strategy session with the client whereby he/she will search for critical issues that must be disclosed to the SBA, prepare a detailed document checklist, develop a list of document templates to provide the client that need to be included in the application, as well as explaining the overall application process.
2. Document Assembly/Review – Next we will organize and review all of the documents that are required for completing your application. This is critical because a misplaced document within the application package is generally regarded by the SBA not to exist, and having a skilled analyst review the documents during this process allows us to clarify issues to the SBA before the SBA Business Opportunity Specialist initiates an inquiry providing the clearest possible picture to the SBA.
3. Application Completion – Based on the client's supporting documentation and correspondence, we complete all of the applicable forms associated with the SBA 8(a) Application. The advantage of this for our clients is accuracy in completing the forms, which is crucial to the application’s success. Mistakes are often times uncorrectable at later stages of the application review process and, therefore, it is critical that these forms be correctly completed the first time.
4. Package Review – Once the application is completed, one of our partners will review the application in order to provide a second set of eyes for the analyst’s work. The SBA reads every page of an 8(a) application and is very diligent about finding any inconsistencies in an 8(a) application. This provides a “best of the industry” review process, as when reviewing the average application done by someone outside of our firm, our partners typically flag over 30 errors within an application.
5. Application Upload – The 8(a) application is submitted in two parts. There is the paper application that contains between 300-500 pages and an online portion which requires D and B registration, sam.gov registration, and GLS Login in order to complete that process. We complete this phase of the process for our clients; therefore, they are only required to review and sign the completed application.
6. SBA Inquiries – It is common for the SBA to have questions regarding an SBA application. This is the most important aspect of the consulting that we provide in the application process. These inquiries/questions from the SBA are all being asked for very specific reasons, and thus there is usually only one correct answer and there is always a wrong answer. We will develop with our clients all answers to SBA questions throughout the application process. The likelihood of the SBA asking questions of an application increases if the firm has more than one business owner, has been in business for a short duration of time, has lower revenue than its small business peers, or has ownership that has recently entered into the industry in which the firm serves; to name just a few of the myriad questions that may be asked.
You can see from the table below what would be regarded as the three paths that an 8(a) firm can take with garnering expert assistance. The Full-Service application package in most cases ends up being the most cost-effective method when given factors such as the likelihood of a successful application and the time savings achieved for the principle of the company by having an expert assist during every stage of the application process.
|Application Package Service Comparison|
|Service||Full Service||Application Completion||Review Services|
|Price Range Comparison||$4,950||$2,000-$3,700||$1,500|
|Initial Consultation Strategy / Document Checklist||Yes||Yes||No|
|Consultant Document Assembly and Preparation||Yes||No||No|
|Professional Writer Interviews and Constructs Narratives||Yes||No||No|
|Call and Email Support During Application Process||Yes||Yes||No|
|Review of 8(a) Application Prior to submittal||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Submittal of 8(a) Applications Online||Yes||No||No|
|Strategy Development Regarding SBA Inquires of the 8(a) Application||Yes||Yes||No|